Sewer blockages can be annoying, but if you understand what is happening and deal with them early, they are relatively easy to correct and you may be able to avoid more serious leaks, overflow or electrical damage. Here we analyze the main causes and solutions for blockages obstruction in your ducts. A professional obstruction company like Αποφράξεις Αντωνίου can help you with anything.
Why do drainage pipes become clogged?
Here we have to separate the 3 main points in our space where this happens and put the causes separately:
1. Obstacles in the kitchen
We have seen many times even in the news of fats that can cause huge public sewage blockages, resulting in accumulation of sewage in houses and streets. What you definitely need to put in the trash and create blockages in the kitchen pipes are:
- Fat and oil :The bad habit of throwing cooked potato oil in the sink is one of the most serious problems. Grease from fats and oils can be a liquid when it enters a drain, but it soon cools there and will thicken quickly. It will become a sticky solid mass that adheres to the walls of the pipes and gives more waste to it. It is necessary for blockages in sewer pipes and financial joy for all foreclosure companies. The solution is to use a fat trap (disposable lined container) to dispose of used oils and fats. Alternatively, keep a small bucket in the kitchen for food waste – it is healthy for both the pipes and the planet!
- Hair of all shapes: both human and pet hair are also important factors that block the tubes. The simplest way to avoid blockages and blockage of drains from creating hair is to install grids and filters in all your ducts. Especially in the shower and bath pipes.
- Coffee residues: because there are some great coffee based compounds like organic glue. Coffee beans look like a harmless, free product that rinses in the sink. However, you may be surprised to learn that they are a high risk factor for obstruction. Dispose of – along with other food waste, such as rice and pasta – in the food bin.
- Food scraps from dishes and pans: a grid in the kitchen sink will also trap food waste from washing. They are easy to clean – just make it a habit to empty them regularly.
- Kitchen rolls and papers
2.Plug in the toilet
- Makeup cleaning products
- Baby wipes
- Diapers, sanitary napkins
- Tampons and applicators (plastic and cardboard)
- Toilet paper
- Fibrous materials.
- Items such as wet wipes, dental floss, cotton and feminine toiletries should be disposed of in the bin and not flushed down the toilet. They can easily get stuck in rough sections in drains and accumulate in possible blockages.
- Pharmaceuticals and chemicals
- Engine oil, paints, battery fluids and solvents must be disposed of safely in accordance with local regulations. We should never get into the water supply where it can damage our groundwater and be toxic to plants and wildlife. Return unused medicines to a pharmacist for safe disposal.
3. Outdoor obstacles
It goes without saying that you should always try to keep the pipes in your yard free of leaves, foliage, twigs, stones or other garden debris that could get into the sewer and cause blockages. Regularly scanning your garden and using foliar fertilizer is one way to avoid clogging these pipes and tubing. It is also recommended to check regularly if you have an outdoor shed, its height.
Monthly maintenance and cleaning of cabins should be done on time. If blockages occur frequently and you take care of all of the above, you may need to seek help from a specialized obstruction company. Because the problem may be mechanical (poor gravity of the pipes) to identify the cause and relieve the blockage.
There are some techniques that a sewer specialist will use. Including the use of CCTV, ie Piping Control Camera, to look closely at the piping and locate difficult and inaccessible points of the sewer to see what blocked the flow of water. Occupational therapists can also advise you on what you need to do in the future to prevent this from happening again.
Educate your family on what is safe and unsafe to throw in the drains. It is also a good idea to use some simple regular cleaning procedures.
Remember – Most blockages can be avoided. However, if the drain pipes are blocked, seek professional help immediately. The obstruction company Αποφράξεις Αθήνα has specialized plumbers.
It can handle all obstruction problems and offers a wide range of obstruction related services in your home. If you encounter any of the above, call. They are the leading providers of health inspections, blockage and repair services for individuals, hotels and businesses throughout Athens and Attica. We hope that our article about the main causes and solutions for blockages helped you.